Monday, August 2, 2010

Yard project

Here is what my husband and I were working on this past weekend. I had bought a Teddy Bear Magnolia tree and my husband wanted to make a retaining wall around it so we could sit under it when it got bigger. Working out in 100 degree weather for an hour and a half was no easy task but we got it done. We didn't think this one out to well though because when we went to lay the flat square tops on there, they left a big gap between each one and so he had to fill it in with the mortar. They don't work so well when you are working with a curved wall. Oh well it didn't turn out too bad. Hopefully my new tree likes it's new home and will provide us with some great shade in the future. The first picture is of the bloom on our Plumeria tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment